Reverend Patrick Charles Kenneth O’Ferrall was born in 1934. He was educated at the Pilgrims School, Winchester, Winchester College and at New College Oxford. He graduated in 1958 with a MA in Greek and Latin Literature and Philosophy and Ancient History.

He served as a Second Lieutenant at the Royal Fusiliers from 1952 to 1954 and held various positions in Iraq Petroleum Group (including in Abu Dhabi, Qatar, Oman and Beirut) during the years 1958-1970. He then worked as a BP area co-ordinator for Abu Dhabi Marine Areas Ltd and BP Eastern Agencies from 1971 to 1973, at Total CFP in Paris from 1974 to 1977 and on his return to England he was Director of the Gas Gathering Pipeline (North Sea) Ltd. He joined in Total Oil Marine plc as commercial manager in 1980. He was also Director of TOMEC, and was responsible for the co-ordination of Alwyn North project in 1983.

He was appointed Projects Co-ordination Manager during the years 1983-1990 and became Deputy Chairman of Lloyd’s Register of Shipping from 1991 to 1993 and Chairman from 1993 until 1999. He became Chairman of the City Branch Outward Bound Association in 1993. He was an Honorary Liveryman of the Worshipful Co of Master Mariners from 1993 to 1999 and was Master of the Coachmakers and Coach Harnessmakers Company in 1993 and 1994.

He was a Member of the Offshore Industry Advisory Board for three years, was ordained deacon in 2000 and priest a year later. He became Curate of Sts Peter and Paul Godalming in 2000 and was assigned as an assistant priest in 2007. He was honoured as Chaplain in The Baltic Exchange and Aldgate Ward Club in 2001. Reverend O’Ferrall had also been an elected member of the Court of Common Council Corporation of London from 1996 to 2001. In 2000, he was honoured by the Fellowship of Royal Academy of Engineering (Hon FREng).

He was President of Godalming and District Chamber of Commerce from 2003 to 2004 and has served as Chairman of the Godalming Together Community Interest Co from 2010 – 2012.

He has been a Member of the Scientific Council of the “Maria Tsakos” Foundation since 2012.

Copyright © 2015 Maria Tsakos Foundation